- The First Human
- Assyrians Turn from Jerusalem
- The Greeks Stop the Persian's Conquest of Their Homeland
- Roman Emperor Constantine Converts to Christianity
- Barbarian King Clovis Converts to Christianity
- Muslim Invasion of France Turned Back at Poitiers
- Gutenberg Brings Printing Press to Europe
- Lorenzo the Magnificent Energizes the Renaissance
- Columbus Discovers America
- China Outlaws International Commerce, Science Research and Development
- United States Declares Independence
- The Battle of Britain
- The Space Age
Who the first human was and when did he/she first exist is unknowable but we can infer from the surrounding evidence that at some point we must say, "this was a human".
While the introduction of the printing press was an important event, civilizastion would have gone the way of the Chinese and the Muslim World without the Renaissance and all that it did.
China's decisions curtailing extermal trade and exploration together with curtailing research negated a thousand years of decision points and progress and condemned it to the second rank of world civilizations until the closing decades of the 20th. century.
What will happen to the human race in the future depends largely upon decisions that will be made regarding space? Humanity can be either a space-faring civilization or bound to just this one planet.