Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Teaching Seven Decades 1806-1875

Working on my 7 Decades 1806-1875 course for Winter Quarter starting January.  One lifetime begins with Napoleon and ends with Disraeli.  Europe and Western Civilization rises to world dominance.  USA emerges from Civil War to the Second Industrial Revolution and the settlement of the old west. 

Together with my Autumn Course 1876-1945 this will cover 140 years of the change.  My Spring course 1946-2015 will see the Western Civilization challenged by the rest of the world as old powers reassert themselves and new ones arise.

The courses cover culture, science, and economics, as well as politics.  The Autumn Course is done but the other courses are in development.  Here is my gateway page for the course topics. http://dld.bz/heASq

I teach at the ELM school in Marietta, Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment