Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Top Image Plugins for History Bloggers

Images such as portraits, maps, and infographics are especially important for presenting history.  Online history has tools available for the historian who is not a graphic designer.  Here are my favorite plugins for sites powered by Wordpress.

Getty Images:  This plugin accesses the vast Getty library.  As with images from Wikipedia, they are free to use.

ClickAnimate:  This gives movement to both graphics and texts.  I use it sparingly as too much movement on the screen becomes distracting.

CanvaKala:  This is a mini-photoshop for images and text.

Enhanced Media Library:  Allows you to organize your images.  They can get out of hand really fast.


I am not an artist so using plugins are a real help for me.  Moreover at the rate of a new post each day, I don't have a lot of time to spend on graphics.  See the end results on History Moments: http://historyweblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment